A tasty, crunchy rice dish – packed with protein.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and diced
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g frozen (or canned) sweetcorn
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 185g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 300g cooked white or brown rice
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the peppers, peas and sweetcorn. Stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the peppers are soft.
Toss in the spring onions and remove from the heat. Alllow to cool.
Fold in the tuna and cooked rice.
Mix together the lemon zest and juice with the chilli sauce and seasoning, drizzle over the salad and toss well before serving.