Wednesday, 11 August 2010
Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls
- Crusty dinner rolls, as many as you choose
- Eggs, large, one for each roll
- Mixed herbs, chopped, such as, parsley, chives and tarragon, about a teaspoon for each roll
- Heavy cream, 1 teaspoon for each roll
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated, as much as you want to sprinkle on each roll
Slice off top of each dinner roll and gently remove some bread until there is a hole large enough to accommodate an egg.
Arrange rolls on a baking sheet. Reserve tops.
Crack an egg into each roll. Top each egg with some herbs and a bit of cream. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven until eggs are set and bread is toasted 20 to 25 minutes. After eggs have cooked for 20 minutes, place bread tops on baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes.
Place tops on rolls and serve warm.