- One 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 Tablespoon green curry paste (in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 6 oz green beans, cut in 2" pieces
- 10 oz frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 pound frozen shrimp-peeled, de-veined and coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
In a saucepan, bring 2-1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup coconut milk and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in the rice, cover, lower the heat and simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk in the curry paste. Stir in the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peas and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over the coconut rice.