Tuesday 7 September 2010

Toadstool Stools

IMG_6384 

Products:

- Wood Stool
- 1/4-1/2 Yard Yard Red Wool Felt (depending on size of your stool)
- 1/8 Yard White Wool Felt
- Brown Craft Paint and Brush
- Staple Gun
- Wool or Poly Batting

Directions:
IMG_6809Flip the stool over and measure the fabric. my stool is 10″ in diameter so my fabric is 22′ in diameter.I added 12″ but you can also add more to be safe and trim away the extra.
IMG_6822

Next, Cut out the white circles.













IMG_6820
Sew them onto the red round. I used a blanket stitch on my machine.
This can also be hand sewn for a more handmade look.







IMG_6827
Now it is time to assemble! Flip the stool over and with the red round evenly placed, tuck in one side and staple the fabric close to the legs.







IMG_6828Flip the stool back over and begin to stuff the mushroom with the batting.
Next, I stapled the fabric directly across from where I did my first set of staples as to keep the round evenly distributed on the stool.





Continue stapling and stuffing making nice pleats as you go.



22

When you have done this all of the way around the mushroom it is time to paint the legs.






From:

taoofcraft.notepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment