Tuesday 7 September 2010

Lucky Gift Boxes

I came up with this cute gift idea that my kids will give to some special people this St. Patrick's Day!

I found these boxes at Dollar Tree by all the wedding stuff- 6 for a buck!
 

I got some M&Ms on clearance after Valentine's Day- apparently "green" is the new color of love, so they were all discounted! Love it!

I printed off tags from my computer and rounded up some tape, green ribbon, embellishments and my hot glue gun! 


Before you start filling the boxes with candy, re-enforce the bottom with a strip of tape so the candy doesn't come out. Also, I took a strip of ribbon and placed a dab of hot glue on one end and stuck it to the inside of the box- the ribbon will come out of the top of the box and be used for the tag to attach to. (Sorry I don't have a picture of that step!) 

Let your kids go to town filling those boxes!

 

Close up the boxes and start embellishing with ribbon and things until you get the look you want.

 
From:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment